Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Technology...It really is everywhere


Technology is everywhere, and I'm not talking about that new set of goodyears that just came out, I mean consumer electronics. You can't really argue that unless you are in a third world country but even then, if you are reading this you're on a computer so it's in front of you too. It's the phone you just slapped shut, the mp3 player blaring in your ears, the computer you use everyday, and it's even in the shoes you wear. What? Yes it is even in the shoes you can wear. As I was perusing through the internet, I came across this interesting article. This man on the right has designed this sneaker with a GPS locator in the bottom. He came up with this idea after he thought that his son had been kidnapped. I believe it's a very good idea, a little pricey (about $325 a pair), but it would seem to be effective. If your kid was basically stolen from you, I would assume he or she would have shoes on and those would probably be the hardest things to lose. They do make watches and cell phones with the same capabilities but they are much easier to lose then a pair of shoes. All they have to do is reach down and press a small hidden button to activate and the authorities will be notified shortly after. These are also made for adults, but they are not to be used in the hopes to catch someone cheating. If you think about it though it would be impossible to catch them cheating anyway because the wearer would have to activate the shoe and if they do that when they are commiting adultery, well then they're morons.

Anyway, while reading this article I remembered that I had seen another pair of interesting shoes ( left) a while back. Those are a pair of basketball shoes made by Adidas. Whats so special about those you ask? Well, in the sole of this particular pair is a microprocessor, a magnetic sensor and a cable system powered by a motor. This shoe is so smart that it reads the force of the impact of your foot hitting the ground, allowing the shoe to adjust the cushioning. It is supposed to give you the perfect amount of cushioning for the most comfort, thus allowing you to play longer without the sore feet.

Well, feel free to comment or fill me in on any other intelligent shoes that you might know of.


Christopherj

5 comments:

rayhedrick said...

I can't think of any "intelligent shoes" off of the top of my head; however, didn't Nike make an iPod shoe or something like that?

Ray
http://therealrayhedrick.blogspot.com

Pseudonym Jim said...

I have a pair of shoes that does my homework... but only when it feels like not being lazy.

Unknown said...

what kind of addition do you have?

share it with us, perhaps!

http://www.twentish.com

Internet Operation Manger Mr.Ekeh said...

Great Site. I especially liked this article I'm a big fan check your blog out a few times a week so keep writing check out my site and tell me how I'm doing.

www.mc5treasures.com
http://mc5treasures.blogspot.com/

MC5 Rules

IOM MR.Ekeh

Anonymous said...

I would love to have the second pair... It would be great to see them apply that kind of technology to people who spend long hours standing or walking on their jobs.