Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Evolution

As I was searching on the internet this morning, just like every morning, and I came across an interesting article. I find this one interesting because I get into these conversations every once in a while. Well I don't actually debate whether or not to display a skeleton with my friends or anything but, I do occasionally talk about the evolution of man kind.

The evangelical people in the article are spoke of as believing that the world was created in 6 days and all the other biblical notions that come with believing what the bible says. The group of scientists on the other hand, say that we evolved from people like Turkana boy. I, personally, am so stubborn and one sided on this issue that I don't even want to write anything to support, what I believe to be biblical nonsense. I just can't see how one can believe that. Believe me I have tried. I even asked someone that I knew, who believed every last letter in the bible, to tell me about the religious beliefs of where man kind started and how we evolved. How can one man, God, put two people on this earth, Adam and Eve, and have there be no evolutional changes? That honestly makes zero sense. Every other creature that has ever been on this planet has evolved from something else. If they hadn't then there would still be gigantic creatures walking around, stomping our buildings like they are nothing, and eating anything they wanted, including cavemen because that is what we would be if we hadn't evolved. If not cave men then we would probably be 5'3" things with funny looking skulls, but hey that's just my opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs.

I personally think that the people who believe in creationism over there should just let it be because I'm not reading any article of scientist standing outside of churches picketing and trying to get people to change their beliefs.

Here is some more information on Turkana boy, if you are interested.

Christopherj

4 comments:

rayhedrick said...

The most interesting part of this post is the second-to-last paragraph. I would explain, but I feel as if there will be a response on my blog coming soon. Check back.

Andyconda said...

you can believe in god and in evolution at the same time.

and keep in mind that evolution as a theory is not perfect.

but then I dont believe in much so..

Pseudonym Jim said...

This is blasphemy and you should take it down immediately. If you don't accept Jesus as your savior you will go straight to hell (unless of course you ask for forgiveness). Speaking of which I need to go beat my wife and children (God will forgive me, I assume, if I ask him...).

Gem said...

What most Creationists disagree with is the idea of the origin of species, that we all came from ooze and evolved into people. Most (except the most idiotic) believe that animals and people have evolved and changed throughout time. But Darwinian evolution is much more than that, and there lies the disagreement. You only have to look back a coulple of hundred years to see that people have evolved and changed, are much taller and live much longer than they used to. That's irrefutable.